Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flipping the Habs the bird.....

I’m going on a rant after last nights’ game against the Sabres. I’ve had a terrible two weeks at work with no relief in sight, I’ve now got the flu and I’m not in a good mood. Every time the Habs play a decent game I have hope that they’re turning things around and getting back on track, but nooooooo…..what’s so frigging complicated about playing a full 60 minutes of hockey? I have to admit, I hated them all last night, (except Koivu for purely emotional reasons) I couldn’t care less if they trade the whole lot of them. Price sucks, I don’t have confidence in him at all anymore and I’m tired of the same old answers every time they lose a game, we should have could have but didn’t , yada yada yada. I hate them for giving me so much hope after last season, all summer long I was looking forward to seeing a better team than last year. It hasn’t happened, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why the Kovy line just can’t bring it. Is it him? What continues to bother me about Kovy is that if he can win the MVP at the All Star game because he wanted it, he’s obviously capable of focusing and delivering when it’s important to him, so why can’t he do that to win games? He claims he wants to stay in Montreal, which should be enough reason to elevate his game in a contract year. I just don’t get it. I don’t know what’s up with AK46 and Pleks either. They’ve been moved around, shown a little bit of promise here and there and then nothing. It’s just not that line, as usual Koivu continues to work like a dog, but his wingers aren’t much help. What upsets me the most is I wanted this team with these players to hoist the cup before it’s dismantled at the end of the season. It would be so much sweeter after the years of sucking for them to do it together. That’s not going to happen. I’m obviously still going to watch the games and support them, but my heart just isn’t in it anymore. The Habs win or the Habs lose….whatever, emotional detachment is the way to go, it hurts a lot less.

No comments: