Thursday, February 19, 2009

As the stomach churns.......

What a week so far, never a dull moment in Habsland. They can take you from the depths of despair one minute to cheering for them the next. I was really nervous about the game last night, especially going up against Washington. Would Price be up to it or would he have permanent puck indents all over his torso. Well, it turned out okay, would have been nice to have won in the shootout, Kovy where are you? I was spitting mad when that ridiculous piece surfaced about Kovy talking to a friend of a friend about not playing another game in Montreal. I really have no time for most of the media. I was screaming at the TV, “leave him alone”. The guy gets publicly spanked; leave him in peace to lick his wounds. They just love kicking people when they’re down and so do a lot of so called Habs fans. I’m a bit of a mother hen when it comes to les boys, as long as they’re wearing the CH Moey’s maternal instincts are in full force. I hope Kovy can get his act together and his attitude adjusted. I know he really wants to stay now he just has to prove it to the coaches. Bob Gainey made the right move, I believe that Kovy has a lot of respect for him and it seems that he’s the only one capable of handling and taming the temperamental thoroughbred. I don’t want to see Kovy’s career end here on a sour note, he gave us so much last season, and I know he has it in him to do it again. None of his team mates speak badly of him and one thing is certain, nobody knows what really goes on in that dressing room except the guys themselves. If I have to read another inane comment about Carbo losing the room, Kovy being a cancer, Kovy and Saku having issues I’m going to scream. Peeps, stop acting as if you have insider information, unless you are actually there with them, you know nothing, that applies to the media too, bunch of boneheads.

This slump actually has its’ upside. On TSN last night, one of the guys was babbling on about the Habs and Totorella interrupts “forget about the Habs, look how great Washington is”. Good stuff, that’s how we want it, take the focus off the Habs, lower everyone’s expectations while the boys slowly but surely get their act together and get back to last year’s form. One thing I really want to see from the boys is consistency, it’s been sorely lacking all season so I’m hoping for another decent effort tonight against the Pens. I hope Bob’s message has enough weight behind it to keep them on their toes for the rest of the regular season. Once we’re in the playoffs, all bets are off, anything can happen.

No comments: