Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring cleaning........



Time to put this poster and my Prozac prescription away until October; much to my surprise I’m enjoying post season hockey a lot more than I thought. No more sitting on the edge of the sofa, no yelling and the bruises on my forehead are starting to fade. Stress free hockey, ya gotta love it! Although I’m rooting for a Pens / Duck showdown there’s no emotion attached to it. It’s just plain ole leave your brain and heart at the door hockey and just watch the game for the pure fun of it. I’m glad the Pens finally won last night, they do remind me of the Habs in certain ways, their putrid power play is killing them. Too bad Schneider had to undergo surgery; we could have rented him out by the hour. Malkin’s making me feel a little nostalgic, he’s bringing back fond memories of my Kovy, trying to skate the puck all the way into the opposing zone and then losing it, I had to wipe away a tear. Another treat to watch is the goaltending, it’s been solid and the defense on the Wings and Ducks has been superb. These are the two areas the Habs need drastic improvements in or we don’t have a chance in hell of getting past the first round next year. But I digress, so for the here and now I’m just going to sit back, relax and enjoy some great hockey.

No comments: