Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gainey tosses a bone........



Music to my ears, Koivu, Kovy, Tanguay, Komo & Schneider are going to be offered contracts and I'm pretty optimistic we can sign them. No mention of my boy Lang. It makes sense to try to keep your top line together, of course that could all change depending on what happens tomorrow night. We need to keep Schneider for the power play, that was obvious to me. I can't wait to see what this team is going to look like for next season.

I'll be sitting outside tomorrow night with my trusty laptop listening to the Team 990 covering the draft and sipping on a new drink I just picked up tonight...Tuscan Lemonade. Another Smirnoff concoction, the description reads "the refreshing taste of Vodka, Limoncello (an Italian lemon liqueur) and a hint of citrus." Sounds and smells great, I might just add a touch of club soda for some fizz.

And just to let you know Bob, don't even think of tossing us a bone or a boiling piece tomorrow night, Mr. Moey won't settle for anything less than a rib steak.

2 comments:

Number31 said...

After a rather awful day of hearing nothing but the death of people, hearing Bob say his priorities was so uplifting... Plus, Schneider and Weber practicing together during the playoffs was absolute gold. The Schneider must return! He's the Tailor, afterall.

Kate said...

Agreed 31, it was a depressing day. Gainey did comment that his signing of Koivu, Kovy etc. was contigent on what would happen over the weekend. I think Vinnie is in the works. I wonder about the dynamics between Vinnie and Kovy......Vinnie would steal his thunder. But I'm getting way ahead of myself here. FHF called Schneids the "Semetic Saviour" when he boosted our PP, he has to come back.