Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back on the bandwagon....(for now)



I’m declaring my three day mourning period officially over. I’ll be the first to admit that I wasn’t at all happy with the moves Bob Gainey made on July 1st. Gee, thanks Bob for blowing up my team. But I’ve had some time to think about, it’s time to put my emotions aside and move on. My team only played about five decent games last year and then was blown out of the water by Boston in four straight, never mind Bob, carry on.

It wouldn’t be fair to judge the team solely on last season. Mitch Melnick described it as “The Perfect Storm." The dictionary definition is: a critical or disastrous situation created by a powerful concurrence of factors. Storm aside, our leading scorer was a 39 year old centerman until his injury and he was only meant as a filler for Mats Sundin. The curious thing is for all of Charbonneau’s mixing and matching he never thought of the Koivu, Kovalev and Tanguay combination. They were an explosive threesome.

So here’s where we’re at now, Bob Gainey is basically telling us is that our new number one line will be better than the KKT line. I’ll reserve judgment until the puck drops. I hope he’s right or the fans will be screaming for his head on a platter. I’m sure the moves he made on defense are an improvement; it couldn’t be any worse than it was.

For whatever reason(s) Mike Komisarek decided he wanted out of Montreal. Some fans are calling him a traitor; I think he just has really bad taste. What can you expect from a guy who stated in an interview that he preferred New York style bagels over Montreal’s? Hey Mikey, enjoy Hogtown with Bonehead "We’re getting John Tavares" Burke. Oh and by the way, you’ll enjoy the pizza there too; it rivals any pizza I’ve tasted in the U.S., it's crap.

So for the moment I’m back on the bandwagon. As a fan you have to look at the big picture and ask yourself what it is you really want. I’ll give you a hint, it rhymes with pup, and if this new squad can get us there, Bob's a genius.

On a lighter note, check out this cartoon of Michael Jackson trying to get into heaven.

No comments: