Saturday, October 31, 2009

Grand Cayman....cont'd

After a long grueling day at the beach yesterday (all that fresh sea air can be tiring, just ask Mr. Moey) we wanted to go to the Cracked Conch beach bar and watch the sunset.  Just as we were about to leave the skies opened up and it rained heavily for about 20 minutes.  We went to the bar but there was no sunset to speak of.  I hope to have better luck tonight, the sunsets can be beautiful. 



View from the Cracked Conch, notice the rocky shoreline, sun was hidden behind the big black cloud


I decided to listen to the Habs last night on CJAD, Hawks beat us 3-2.  I was eaten alive by mosquitoes, my feet felt like they were on fire.  One just landed on my arm, they've come back for breakfast. Yesterday morning the beach was awesome, I had it all to myself.  This is a good time of year to visit the Caymans, it's off season so it's not at all crowded, except for the days the cruise ships are in.

So today we have no errands or shopping to do so another full day at the beach to soak up the last of the rays.  We leave tomorrow afternoon and arrive home late in the evening.  We lucked out with the weather and this has been a great vacation, we want to book the same place for next October.

Leafs are in the Bell Center tonight and it's Halloween.  I wonder what kind of reception is in store for the traitor.  He deserves all the jeering and booing the crowd can muster.

I'll be back later on this evening to post a couple of sunset shots, there isn't a cloud in the sky at the moment so it shouldn't be a problem.  Later, folks.

No comments: