Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

`


It's a three day weekend and turkey with all the trimmings is on the menu tonight.  Other good news is the Pens beat the Leafs 5-2, Ducks over Philly in a shootout, Clouston took my advice from my previous post; Kovy pots one and last but not least the Habs are coming home.  I packed it in last night at the beginning of the third, I knew we weren't going to win it.  Price should have had that first goal but that was only one of the problems.  I can't get my head around  why we can't beat these Western teams, they sure ain't Detroit or Anaheim or even the up and coming Blackhawks, it's a mystery worthy of Hercule Poirot.


HNIC showed Bob Gainey closeups a couple of times, he looked thrilled, you can never figure out what's going on in his head.  I can't see our boys as it stands right now hanging in there until Markov returns, so please do something Bob.  Jacques Martin has my sympathies, he has a team that barely knows each other which is a challenge in itself and now two gaping holes in defense, not to mention Metropolit who is good on the penalty kill sitting out a few. 

I'm in limbo with this team right now, I don't feel much of anything one way or another.  I'll be spending my afternoon sipping on a few cocktails and stuffing my face with turkey.  That and the fact that none of the staff of HNIC will ever appear in ESPN's Body Issue magazine (just picture Milbury or Cherry in a thong) are truly things to be thankful for.

No comments: