Saturday, November 28, 2009

Go you frigging Habs!



I'm sitting here giggling away, on the NHL network they are showing the 1967 Stanley Cup finals between the Habs and the Leafs, it's hard to believe it's been that long since the Leafs have won.   It's fun looking at the groovy hairdos and the fashion in the sixties.  Just previous to that they televised the 1966 final between the Habs and Detroit.  It amazed me how subdued the crowd was when the Habs won it, even the announcer just stated it as a matter of course.  God how I miss those days......  it was their 14th date with Stanley and it had almost become routine.   The best part of it is listening to Danny Gallivan calling the game, I still miss him.

 Meanwhile, I'm looking out the patio doors and watching  a backhoe completely destroy my backyard.  We're getting our foundation jacked up and repaired, you've never seen a mess like it, we have a shell of a swimming pool sitting in the middle of a pile of rubble.  Oy vay............

No comments: