Saturday, December 26, 2009

The bestest Christmas present........

My very first NHL jersey!  Voila.....







My sister sent it from L.A., it's the real deal, I can smell the smog and marine layer on it!  I'm sure some of the Habs' purists will be clucking their tongues in disapproval....tough!  The Habs are my team but Saku will always be my favorite player no matter where he ends up.  As an added bonus I plan to wear it to work some day, just for the pure pleasure of pissing off the separatists and believe me there's plenty of them.

I'm telling a little bit of a white lie, the jersey was the second thing on my wish list.  The first thing I asked Santa for was Sheldon Souray dipped in chocolate.  Santa has never failed me in the past, but I suspect while he was trying to fit his rather large rear end into our chimney Mr. Moey snuck outside.  He won't admit to it but I know he found Shelly bound and gagged in the back of Santa's sleigh and set him free.  Well, one good deed deserves another, there was no Catherine Zeta-Jones on rye for Mr. Moey either.  We're even.

I'm sending positive vibes to Markov for his dreaded return to the ACC tonight.  Everything comes in threes, but not this time. Please join me in repeating this chant against the Leafs 13 times:

Darksome powers of the night,
gather round my candle's flame,
send my enemy in shaded flight,
send my enemy away in shame.

It might not be as effective without the dragon's blood but as much as I love my Habs there's no chance in hell I'm venturing out to the mall on boxing day.

4 comments:

soperman said...

I read about your Koivu jersey on FHF. Congratulations.

soperman

Kate said...

Thanks soperman, I'm absolutely thrilled with it!

Number31 said...

It may be Koivu but the Ducks really need a better looking sweater :S

Kate said...

31,

Well to be honest, black is my favorite color fashion wise and I like the gold accent. Now I'm going to be struck by lightening.....