Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unforgiveable.....that's what they are




I've put a lot of time and effort into this insightful, thoughtful and astute analysis of last night's game.  THAT WAS BLOODY AWFUL!!!  I mean c'mon guys, if you don't care about embarrassing yourselves at least think of the fans.  Yes, those fans that pay your salaries.  I've come to the conclusion that I would be content if the Habs lost every game this season except for ones between the Leafs and Bruins, at least that would stop the torture at work from rival fans and we would have a shot at the top draft pick.

Let's play make believe for a moment, just humor me if you will, in Moey's world I would trade Gomez to San Jose and get Saku back.  Saku isn't doing well, I'm sure it's a difficult adjustment for him and he misses Montreal.  Gomez hasn't impressed me and there doesn't seem to be enough room for him and his 7 mil to hang out in front of the net.  For less than half that price we could have my beloved captain back and offer Kovy, who's pining in Ottawa a hometown discount.  So the make believe lines would be Gionta/Pleks/Cammie and Kovy/Koivu/Kostitsyn.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Okay, now back to reality.  I hate to say this but I think Pierre McGuire may have a point about pre-game ceremonies.   He says it's a distraction and a momentum shifter, the guys get all pumped up in the dressing room and then it falls flat when they have to stand around for too long before they play.  I honestly can't remember the last time les boys won a game after a jersey retirement or a delay of any kind.  Well if that's the case we're royally screwed on Friday night when Boston comes to town.  The festivities start at 5:45 and the game doesn't start until 8:00.  Eeek, we may as well kiss those two points goodbye now.

One last note for today, I'm really concerned about our new mascot, Spiny Norman.  I haven't seen him since he headed downtown for last night's game.  My inside sources claim they saw him drinking heavily in a shady dive called Porky's bar and Quill.  Not good, indeed.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

I think Spiny must have hooked up with Gaston.
I'm with McGuire on this one. I'm tired of the pre-game stuff, and I believe it affects not just the Habs but the other team too. I think it pumps the visitors up because it makes them feel they're in a special place instead of the ordinary nights in Columbus Phoenix etc. I've also been a big critic of the retro uniforms, and I wish like crazy they'd put the big CH's back at centre ice. I'll be glad when it's all over and we can get down to the business at hand. I also agree about what you say about Gomez.

Kate said...

Dennis,

After Friday it will be all over. Now if only the team can get it's act together, at least some wounded bodies are starting to return.