Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Desperately Seeking Sunshine........



This is by far my least favorite time of year.  Christmas is over, three long months of winter to get through before hearing the sweet sound of birds merrily chirping, a sound that I love because it's a sure sign that spring is in the air.  It's been a very gloomy and damp couple of weeks, not overly cold, but just grey and bleak.  The Habs dismal performance over the weekend did little to lighten my mood.  It's time for a pick me up.  A big dose of good old vitamin C, not out of a bottle or a juice container, but the real deal.  So I'm off for a long weekend in March to la la land (California).  It's been four years since I've been, I need my fix.  Sunshine, warm weather, the beach, my favorite restaurant and outlet shopping. Heaven.  And an afternoon  visit to the Honda Center to see my beloved hockey team suck in the flesh.  If you happen to tune in to watch the Habs play the Ducks on March 7th, keep an eye out for the nut in the Duck's Koivu jersey cheering the Habs. That lightly tanned, well fed nut with a smoking hot credit card would be me.  Am I there yet?

4 comments:

soperman said...

Enjoy your trip Moey, but cut the boys some slack. They are as depressed by the time of year as your are - yes I know that everyone is in the same boat. But the BGL nightmare is over, so it is time to heal, the distraction is gone and the NJDs are the perfect test. So buck up before you put on your seven peice bikini.

Kate said...

Thanks Soperman, I'm looking forward to it. I have to admit though, I don't really feel an emotional attachment to this group yet. I still miss Saku like crazy. *sniff*

Dennis said...

Moey, you lucky...
We're talking about California in September. Maybe.
When you go, bring your laptop and keep us posted.

Kate said...

Dennis,

Absolutely! Live blogging and pics every day! I'm counting the days.......