Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shark bait?


I hope not.  Historically, the California road trip hasn't been a huge success for our boys.  Perhaps with the presence of "moi" maybe the Hab's fortunes will take a turn for the better this time around.  If that's the case, I'll have to make it an annual event.  It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

Yesterday on the Four Habs Fans site, somehow the discussion turned to Tweetie Bird and Sylvester.  Warner Brothers had some great cartoon characters, probably two of the most popular were Wiley E. Coyote and the Roadrunner, or  a.k.a Crosby versus Ovechkin.  Bear with me here, but doesn't it always seem that whenever there's a much hyped clash of the titans match between the two, Ovie goes down in flames, while Sid comes out on top smelling like a rose.  Just think about last year's playoff run between the Caps and Pens.  The Pens destroyed them in game seven, and most recently, Russia versus Canada in the Olympics.  It's quite amusing if you really think about it, the hockey gods love Sid, he was born with a silver puck in his mouth.  I'm sure when Sid scored that winning goal in overtime, Ovie was busy making phone calls to ACME.

Off to finish the packing, my Koivu Duck's jersey was the first thing that went in.  Enjoy the weekend, I know I will!

2 comments:

moeman said...

HAve a safe and fun trip/vacation Moey. Wear your Saku jersey proud for those of us that love the little guy with the huge heart.

Kate said...

Thanks moeman, I'll do my best!