So it’s the big day, trade deadline is over in an hour and it doesn’t look like Bob is making any moves so I suspect he’s looking at the team through Moey colored glasses. I’m okay with that, Guy Carbonneau stated yesterday that he’s satisfied with his current squad. I Like the fact that we are now officially underdogs and considered by many of the “experts” to be non contenders, it takes the focus and pressure off. Anything is possible and these are the reasons that I think we have as good a chance as anyone else to go all the way.
• Habs haven’t played to their potential yet; when they do they can beat anyone. They haven’t peaked too early and I can only count about five games where they’ve put in a sold sixty minute effort. There’s should be lots of gas left in the tank.
• If Mike Komisarek plays like Mike Komisarek.
• If Carey Price plays like Carey Price.
• If Jaro stays consistent.
• The Kovy/Pleks/AK46 line fires on all cylinders.
• The imminent return of Alex Tanguay gives us a second bona fide scoring line.
• The boys are slowly gaining confidence and as of tonight they know they will be the official team going into the playoffs, that helps a lot, especially if your Chris Higgins or Thomas Plekanac.
• The addition of Matthew Schneider anchors our defense, helps out Markov and brings our PP back to life and he has playoff experience.
• And last but not least is my recent acquisition of a voodoo doll collection of the Bruins and the Flyers.