Saturday, February 6, 2010

Family day at the Bell Center and the kids came out to play.......

Guy Boucher tends to his brood in Hamilton

I missed the beginning of the game today, unfortunately Mr. Moey insists on eating every day and the cupboards were bare.  When I finally tuned in the Habs were leading the Pens 3-1.  I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things.  A couple of minutes later my heart was in my mouth when Andre Markov went down and didn't get up.  You could have heard a pin drop in the Bell Center, and one of the commentator's remarked how Hab fans sure know who's their bread and butter.  He sat on the bench for a couple of minutes and then returned to the ice.  I let out a huge sigh of relief along with the Russian Olympic team and the Hab's coaching staff.

The kids were energizer bunnies, it was fun watching a rookie line pin Crosby and Malkin in their own zone for a  couple of shifts.  Guy Boucher is doing a brilliant job with them, maybe one day we'll be seeing him behind the Habs bench.

I have to agree with Guy Carbonneau, just when you think with the injuries they have to key players that they have no chance of winning the game (especially against the Penguins) they prove you wrong.  That was one of the best games I've seen les boys play this season, one of the few times they played their hearts out for a full sixty minutes.

So, bring on the Bruins tomorrow afternoon and hopefully the bears will be licking their wounds after being attacked by a pack of rabid bulldogs.

No comments: